THE BEST INDIA COMPANY: The Murmu Yellow Mustard Honey 350 Grams
- This Particular honey has the tendency to crystalize at slight drop in temperature. The honey is not flavoured honey and comes from the pollen & nectar of Yellow Mustard flowers. It doesn’t taste like mustard at all but have complex notes. Free from any antibiotic, preservatives, artificial added sugar or chemicals.
- The honey is Unpasteurized, RAW, Untreated, Unfiltered and Unheated. It’s only filtered with Muslin cloth by our Adivasi brothers to remove hive debris and wax. The honey is not like commercial honey in thickness as its not heated. You can also see residues as the honey is full of natural pollens.
- The Murmu Yellow Mustard Honey is extracted from the wild hives of Indian Wild bees not from the imported Italian or European Bees which is used in farmed honey production. The location of harvest is banks of Torsha & Jaldha-Ka rivers.
- Nature is unpredictable and it cannot produce homogeneous products. Repeat of same taste, same colour, same fragrance and similar viscosity is highly unlikely. Wrong expectations leads to unethical practices.
- Directly From Adivasis | No machine involved | NO or LOW plastic usage brand | Even the stickers are not laminated to avoid environmental damages | Weak adhesive has been used in labels | Remove it after use and reuse the jar.
Every spring, mustard flower carpets the banks of Torsha & Jaldha-Ka rivers. Mesmerized, the wild bees collect the golden pollen & nectar to create this elixir (honey) which has a hint of mustard & after taste of sugarcane.
THE COLLECTORS: THE MURMU ADIVASIS
TBIC have joined hands with the members of Murmu tribe to collect the finest wild honey from the wild bees.
THE MURMU TRIBE: One of the Santhal clans they inhabit the forests of Jharkhand, West Bengal, Orissa and Chhattisgarh. Currently we are working with 60+ Murmu Aadivasis and the number is expected to grow exponentially. The Murmu Adivasis regard the forests as their mother and only take what is needed and which can regenerate.
The Yellow Glory: Label water colour by Sonal Agarwal.
Must Read Features:
- Thickness- Less thick than any commercial honey as its not heated to make it thick. It also comes from an area where humidity level is always on the higher side.
- Colour- Mostly yellowish to orangish. No artificial colour is added.
- Visibility- Not very transparent as it is full of pollens and not filtered.
- This Particular honey has the tendency to crystalize at slight drop in temperature.
The honey is only collected once a year in the month of February